My FabricMart order came in today! Yay! I mentioned early that I got 23 yards for $31. I also ordered a mystery bundle, so some of that is hit or miss, which I'll describe below.
I'm going to describe what I bought, how much, and my plans for it, starting at the top left, working down the first column, and then the top right (like reading a book!). You can always click the photo above for a bigger picture, I know it's a bit hard to see in this small thumbnail.
1. This is from the mystery bundle. It feels like a cotton sateen, and it has a good amount of stretch in it. I see this becoming a cute sheath. I have 2 1/2 yards of this, and it looks like it's 45" wide. I hope there's enough for a sheath... I'll have to check my patterns.
2. Also from the mystery bundle, this is labeled as an Italian shirting. I got 2.5 yards of this. Not sure yet what I'll do with it. I don't see Gary wearing it, so maybe a shirt dress for myself? But I have a lot of shirt dresses planned, so we'll see.
3. This fabric I actually picked out, it's 100% rayon challis. I only got 2 yards, I wish I got more. Not sure yet what I'll do with it, but I'd like to make a dress. It's really soft, so it'll have to be something flowy.
4. This is a sage green stretch lace that I picked out. I want to make a long, flowy vest out of this, like Butterick 4989 in view C.
5. This is a cotton print I picked out. I got 2.5 yards of this. I think this will be a cute blouse, like maybe Butterick 5284.
6. This is the real mystery of the mystery bundle. I don't know what this is. It feels really crisp, the most similar thing I've felt is a poly crepe de chine. It's kind of a taupe color with maroon designs on it. I'm not a fan. This will probably linger in my stash as a possible lining for a bag or something, but I may end up donating it.
7. Up on the top right is a yard of black silk shantung I got in my mystery bundle. I have no idea what to do with this. I hate having things dry cleaned, so I never buy silk. What can I do with just a yard? It's also slashed a bit along the fold, so it'd be hard to get the full yardage out of it. Another dud like number 6.
8. This is a vertical striped cotton. I got 3 yards of this and it's 45" wide. I think this would be a really cute shirt dress! I was eyeing Simplicity 2246 or a '70s vintage pattern I picked up at a thrift store for 29 cents. No picture of the pattern, but I'll put it up if/when I use it.
9. This is a zebra print poly charmeuse. I picked it out, not knowing what I would do with it, and still not sure. I think this might be a cute blouse, or I might make a cute nightgown.
10. This is another mystery bundle mystery. It's a yard of a very sheer orange fabric with purple suns on it. It's cute, I could see it as a cute little neck kercheif, but I don't know what I'm going to do with it, especially just a yard.
11. And last is what I'm guessing is a crepe back poly satin in light pink. I don't own a lot of light pink, so I'm happy to have it. But again not sure what to make out of it. I think I have 1.5 yards.
- I'm very happy with everything that I personally ordered.
- I love, love, LOVE the dot fabric on the top left (labeled #1). This is definitely the best of the mystery bundle and I can really see myself using it.
- Overall, the mystery bundle was a bit of a dud this time. Of the 6 fabrics that came in the bundle, I only really like 1, and I could make do with maybe 2 or 3 others.
Does anybody have any suggestions about what I should make? Thoughts on what to do with my duds?