Since the debacle with my stupid sewing machine skipping stupid stitches on my stupid fabric (can you tell my true feelings?) I've lost my sewing mojo. I haven't sewn all week. To be fair, I think I worked over 50 hours this week, and having just returned from Spring Break my energy level was not up to it's usual norm. I started feeling a little guilty for not sewing, but then I realized I'm not going to force myself. I want it to be a hobby and not a chore. I'm sure I'll cut into something this week.
In other exciting sewing news, McCalls and Vogue patterns are on sale at Joann this week. They haven't been on sale for a few months, so I have a big wishlist piled up. But at 99 cents each, I can afford to get a lot. :)
So what have I been doing in my crafting-less week?
- I'm in week 3 of P90x, and working out 6 days a week takes a lot of time! I also hope to lose a couple inches doing the program, which makes me a little hesitant to sew. I always gain weight below the belt, so tops should be fine, but I want to make this Cynthia Rowley dress for my school's Spring Gala fundraiser May 21st. Unfortunately, this dress has a side zipper, making alterations more difficult if I do lose weight. So although I feel a time crunch, I'm hesitant to start in.
- I went out for a coworker's birthday Saturday night
- I spent the day Saturday shopping with my mom. I got 8 shirts and a dress for $90. Am I a bargain shopper or what? I haven't bought that much stuff at once since like high school. It was very satisfying, I love everything that I bought and now that I can sew, I know that I got things made of nice fabric. Gary always throws a fit when I buy a lot of stuff, not because of the money but because our closet space is limited. So in a gesture of peace, I filled a BIG bag of old clothes to take to the thrift store.
- Gary and I got hooked on TLC's new show, Extreme Couponing. Some people on that show obviously have control issues, and we do NOT want to be extreme, crazy coupon people, but we realized we should make a bigger effort and bought a Sunday newspaper just for the coupons.
- Gary made a delicious dinner of lamb shoulder while I panted away to P90x.
- And my favorite part of this past week.... Gary and I spent like 3 hours on the couch just snuggling and watching Arrested Development on Netflix. We all need our downtime, right?
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!