Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Polo Ponies!

Now presenting one of my favorite outfits...

I made both of these pieces 2 or 3 months ago, but just never got a chance to photograph it.  I love this outfit; from afar it looks professional, retro, and a little secretarial.

But when you look up close...

Polo Ponies!!!

The top is Simplicity 2501 in version B.  I saw this cotton shirting on fabric.com in the $1.95 section and knew I had to have it.  Not much to say about the pattern, easy, straight forward, and of course too big in the back!  If I were to make it again, I'd go down a size, maybe 2 sizes in the back.

The skirt is my third make of McCalls 5591, version B.  I've already made a purple and a denim skirt from this pattern.  This one is a cotton sateen, which looks nice and crisp, but is very wrinkly.  I ironed it this morning, but that proved to be a pointless endeavor an hour later.  Anyways, not much to say about this pattern, I obviously love this pattern and I'm sure I'll continue to use it.


I think it's one of those outfits that radiates how good I feel.  One of my favorite parents in my class had me twirl and told me how nice I looked.  What a nice way to start the day!

Extra credit to anyone who noticed my hair.  I got it cut this weekend (which I LOVE) and changed the color (which I feel ambivalent about).  I tried to go back to my natural, light brown.  So I chose a box of dark blonde and gave it a go.  It came out medium brown.  In what galaxy is this dark blonde?!?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment