Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Crunch time

I know I haven't posted in a while. It's because I haven't sewn anything!

Unfortunately, it's crunch time at work.  I'm a teacher, and the trimester ends in 3 weeks.  That means I need to do report cards and portfolios (work samples my school does) on top of my usual workload.  Plus, the annual overnight field trip I take my class on is next Friday, so that's an additional stress.

Usually sewing is a stress relief for me, but I'm just too tired.  I'm too stressed and not sleeping restfully. I don't have the energy to get out my sewing machine, or even read the pattern instructions.

Yesterday I read this post by The Cupcake Goddess.  It stuck with me, because that's how I'm feeling right now, like work is taking over my life.  But I think the difference is that most days, I like my job.  I don't feel like I'm letting "the man" win, mostly because I know this will pass in 3 weeks, and of course I have the summer off.  But it does give me pause about how much of my life I want to put toward my job, and how much into my passions.

So enough of my philosophical rambling! I hope to show you all a finished garment this weekend!  And when spring break comes in 3 weeks, I'll be running my own little sweat shop in my living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment