Saturday, January 29, 2011

Work in Progress: DVF inspired wrap dress

My mom and I were in Joann (yes, I know tons of people hate Joann, but my class gave me an $80 gift card and by golly I'm going to use it!).   I love brown and orange, they look really good on me, so of course I went straight to this jersey print:

Clearance fabric was on sale 50% off so I think I paid $2/yard.   My mom insisted that it looked very Dianne Von Furstenburg and insisted that I had to buy the fabric and make a wrap dress from it.  Simplicity patterns were on sale for 99 cents so I handed her the catalog and told her to pick a wrap dress sized for knits.  We ended up with Simplicity 2369:



I'm doing a mash up of view B and C.  I'm using the length of B, but the ties and sleeves of view C.  All the previous made projects on pattern review look good, so I'm not too worried.  So far I've just cut the pieces, but I hope to be able to wear it to a bridal shower on Saturday so I'll keep you updated on how it comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment